THE SCHOOL DAY:
The school day starts at 8.45am and it is important that your child arrives on time, ready to start school.
If you are struggling to get your child to school, please contact us on 0121 705 3504 so we can help.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Establish a good routine in the mornings and evenings so your child is prepared.
- Make sure your child goes to school regularly and follows the school rules.
- Ensure your child arrives at school on time - not late.
- Arrange dental and medical appointments outside school hours.
- Please ring school before 9.30am if your child is absent due to illness.
- Take family holidays outside term time.
- Talk to your child about school and take an interest in their school work and homework.
- Attend parent evenings and school events.
- Always support school staff in their efforts to control difficult or challenging behaviour.
- Praise and reward your child's achievements at school.
Be aware that being 12 minutes late a day means an hour a week and 39 hours (6 and a half weeks of school) of learning lost across the year